California may be known as the Golden State, with a majestic coastline, warm sunny days almost year-round, and beautiful actors and singers,but this state also has its fair share of weirdness. There have been attempts to regulate some of this by introducing some laws that, back then, may have made more sense. Since then things have changed, but the laws have not, leaving a lot of them just questionable and frankly, entertaining to read about. Have some fun reading some of California’s weirdest laws that are still technically in effect today:
- Wearing a sweatshirt inside out is a “threatening misdemeanor” in Half-Moon Bay.
- You may not peel an orange in any hotel room in the state.
- In Santa Clara County, bicyclists must be dressed in “appropriate fashion accessories” while riding their bike.
- In order to wear cowboy boots in public, Blythe residents must own at least 2 cows.
- Driving more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles is against the law.
- Annoying lizards in city parks of Fresno is illegal.
- On Halloween, if children want to wear a mask as part of their costume, they must have the sheriff’s permission.
- Any vehicle where there is no driver may not go faster than 60 miles per hour.
We can go on and on because there are so many wacky laws. We highly doubt you will ever be in need of a bail bond for a crime related to any of these incidents, but if for some reason you do need one, or you need one for a more serious crime, San Fernando Valley Bail Bond Store is the company you want to get in touch with.